Grief Support Course
Mondays and Wednesdays
Starting on Oct 16, 18, 23, 25, 30th
November 1,6, 8, (13th cancelled for holiday)
November 15, 20th (final class Nov. 20th).
We are thrilled to offer credentialing through the University of Fraser Valley's Community Health and Social Innovation (CHASI) Hub for our Grief Support Training.
This online university-credited course will cover intermediate and some advanced aspects of palliative care and grief support.
This course provides a continual learning opportunity for credit or audit to:
• Family physicians or palliative care physicians
• Care staff and support staff, from palliative care, home care, or long-term care homes
• Family practice residents and students
• Pharmacists, Social workers, Psychiatrists, Counsellors
• Medical students and other professionals with an interest in palliative care
• Abbotsford School District for High School student education credits
• Community Hospice and PCCU unit in the Hospital volunteers
Cam is a coach, author and facilitator who has known loss and grief. He comes alongside those who have experienced loss with support, empathy, education, and mentoring. Cam also facilitates practical training for those looking to grow their ability to support and empathize with grieving people.
Meet your Instructor
Contact us for more information
This online course includes 30- hours of training and guided learning modules with a textbook containing course material that will help you understand grief support and hospice palliative care. It aims to provide you with the relevant knowledge, skills and experience to thrive in your professional and personal life.
Choose your course option:
The Credited option is for those who are taking the course for the purpose of receiving credit towards their education as an elective, or for those who are using this course for professional development.